Dr. Fred Ekery is an oncologist practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Ekery specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Ekery manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1963
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Hematology/Oncology; Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Internal Medicine; Bellevue Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Program
Dr. Fred N. Ekery M.D.'s Practice location
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
Dr. Fred N. Ekery M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- Lymphoma: Coping with Radiation Treatment
Getting a diagnosis of lymphoma or any type of cancer is always difficult and overwhelming. Apart from the medical aspects relating to the condition, you will also have to learn how to cope with the physiological and emotional issues that follow. Keep in mind that it is OK to feel shocked and...
- New Imaging Could Predict Whether Breast Cancer Will Spread
When it comes to the treatment of any type of cancer, the earlier the disease is caught and diagnosed, the better chance of success treatment has. Medical providers have worked to develop strategies for catching breast cancer at an early stage over the recent years. Women who may be more prone to...
- Nodular Melanoma Symptoms
What is nodular melanoma?Nodular melanoma is one of the five subgroups of melanoma. It usually develops in the cells of the skin that produce the pigment called melanin, which gives the skin its color. Approximately 15 percent of melanoma cases are nodular melanoma and is the most aggressive...
- Even James Bond Couldn't Win This Battle for his Family
While many consider James Bond to symbolize infallibility and perfection, the man who is famous for playing him, Pierce Brosnan, unfortunately was not able to fight off ovarian cancer for his mother in-law, wife, or daughter.Loving CassandraBrosnan met Cassandra in the '70s, and they had a whirlwind...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- Dr. Ragene Ruth Rivera MD1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Byron H Chesbro MD1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Maria Chona Aloba M.D.7848 Gateway Blvd E El Paso TX 79915
- Dr. Arsenio Gregorio Lopez MD7848 Gateway Blvd E El Paso TX 79915
- Dr. Raul M Portillo MD1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.11601 PELLICANO DR EL PASO TX 79936