Dr. Vimala Sekar M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry717 Nw 56th St Oklahoma City OK, 73118
Dr. Vimala Sekar is a psychiatrist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Sekar is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sekar diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sekar may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sekar treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1975
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Wa Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Vimala Sekar M.D.'s Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73118Get Direction
SPENCER, OK 73084Get Direction
Dr. Vimala Sekar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sekar
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- Can Schizophrenia Be Treated?
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder of the mind that requires lifelong treatment. An individual suffering from this disorder is not able to identify the difference between what actually exists and what is in their mind. This disorder has an adverse effect on the way an individual thinks and reacts to...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- Dr. Haisam Al-Khouri MD2316 Northwest 23rd Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73107
- Dr. Richard Allan Yokell MD5700 Arnold St Oklahoma City OK 73145
- Mrs. Jennifer Michelle Morris MD3444 S Boulevard Edmond OK 73013
- Dr. Steve Bryan Skarky M.D.6051 N. Brookline Ave Oklahoma City OK 73112
- Dr. Gabriel Matthew Cuka MD900 E Main St Norman OK 73071
- Dr. Courtney Nixon MD920 Sl Young Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73104