Dr. Wayne Christopherson is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Christopherson specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Christopherson can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Christopherson can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1978
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Gynecologic Oncology
- The factor V leiden mutation and the risk of venous thromboembolism in gynecologic oncology patients1.
- Choriocarcinoma in a term placenta with maternal metastases.
- Buttock necrosis after uterine artery embolization.
- Progression-free interval in ovarian cancer and predictive value of an ex vivo chemoresponse assay.
- Associated leukemia and mixed germ cell tumor in a patient with gonadal dysgenesis.
- Cervical cancer metastatic to the breast: a rare presentation of tumor dissemination.
- Placenta previa percreta involving the urinary bladder: a report of two cases and review of the literature.
- Endodermal sinus tumor of the ovary: a case series with flow cytometric DNA content analysis.
- Fulminant Clostridium difficile colitis isolated to the ascending colon by a diverting transverse loop colostomy.
- Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the cervix and vagina in a woman with mixed gonadal dysgenesis. A case report.
- Mitoxantrone in the treatment of advanced vulvar and vaginal carcinoma. A gynecologic oncology group study.
- Pulmonary lymphangitic carcinomatosis secondary to cervical carcinoma: a case report.
- The canine laboratory in the training of the oncology fellow.
- Phase II trial of etoposide in the management of advanced or recurrent mixed mesodermal sarcomas of the uterus: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.
- The influence of pretreatment celiotomy and para-aortic lymphadenectomy on the management of advanced stage squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix.
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Medical Oncology Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Wayne Alan Christopherson M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Get Direction
Dr. Wayne Alan Christopherson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Breast Cancer Non-Profits that Make a Difference
A breast cancer diagnosis is devastating news for any woman to hear. There are so many questions. Patients are left unsure of where life is heading and the outcome. It’s a roller coaster ride. It isn’t something that the patient goes through alone either; it affects the entire family. Spouses...
- What Happens if I Miss My Baby's Due Date?
An overdue pregnancy is a pregnancy that continues for more than 42 weeks. Overdue pregnancy is also referred to as post-term or prolonged pregnancy. The cause of overdue pregnancy is still not known. There are cases where it’s because of genetic predisposition. Recurrence of overdue pregnancy is...
- What’s Next After a Cervical Cancer Treatment
Treatment for cervical cancer may remove or destroy the cancer cells. Thus, treatment can be stressful and exhilarating at the same time. When you finish the treatment, you might be relieved afterwards but it is also hard not to think and worry whether the cancer might come back. The recurrence of...
- What are the Different Types of Breast Cancer?
Appropriate treatment options for breast cancer differ depending on what type of cancer the individual has. A biopsy of the tissue samples from the breast helps to identify the type of breast cancer. Most breast cancers bloom in the ducts that connect lobules to the nipple in the breast. It is rare...
- Sandra Lee, Breast Cancer Survivor, Wants You to be Neurotic About Your Health
October is referred to in the United States as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of the annual campaign dedicated to raising awareness of the disease, Sandra Lee’s documentary short - “RX Early Detection: A Cancer Journey with Sandra Lee” - is filled with wry humor, tears, and...
- How Is Vaginitis Diagnosed?
Vaginitis is a common condition experienced by women. Yes, it can be uncomfortable, and you can easily feel uncomfortable even while relaxing because down there it’s not fine. Maybe there is a bit of a smell, itchiness, or discharge that are unusual and you may want to take action for things to go...
- Dr. Mark Rubino MD2580 HAYMAKER RD STE 201 MONROEVILLE PA 15146
- Dr. Honore Satcho M.D.211 N WHITFIELD ST PITTSBURGH PA 15206
- Dr. Renu Ashwin Joshi M.D.2438 BRODHEAD RD ALIQUIPPA PA 15001
- Dr. Michael Anthony Bummer M.D.875 Greentree Rd Pittsburgh PA 15220
- Dr. Hubert G Foka MD211 N Whitfield St Pittsburgh PA 15206
- Dr. Shweta Ramakrishna Nayak M.D.300 HALKET ST PITTSBURGH PA 15213