Dr. Kim Gabrielle Wallenstein M.D., PH.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery725 Irving Ave Suite 401 Syracuse NY, 13210
Dr. Kim Wallenstein practices Pediatric Surgery in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Wallenstein treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Wallensteindiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Tufts University School of Medicine 1998
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2011
- Trauma, Soft Tissue Sarcoma Surgery, Surgical Procedures And More
- Birth Defects
- Inguinal Hernia
- University Health Systems, Pitt County Memorial Hospital 2004
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Pediatric Surgery 2010
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Fetal Surgery 2005
Dr. Kim Gabrielle Wallenstein M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Kim Gabrielle Wallenstein M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wallenstein
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Dr. Tamer Ahmed M.D.725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Andreas H Meier M.D.725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Michael H Ratner Other725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Linda A Nicolette MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Ashok Rijhwani Other725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Ms. Jennifer Dawn Stanger M.D.725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210