Dr. Larry M. Borowsky MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1811 S Broad St Philadelphia PA, 19148
Dr. Larry Borowsky is a gastroenterologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Borowsky specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Borowsky performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Cancer
- Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Gastroenterology; Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital Program
Dr. Larry M. Borowsky MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19148Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19128Get Direction
Unknown, - 99999Get Direction
Dr. Larry M. Borowsky MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Borowsky
- What Are Colon Polyps?
Colon polyps are small outgrowths from the inner lining of the colon and are made up of clumps of cells. The size of these polyps may range from few millimeters to centimeters. These protrusions are not usually cancerous in nature but may become one with the passage of time, in some cases. Location...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- Celiac Disease: How to Manage Your Symptoms
There is no cure for celiac disease; however, the right diet and lifestyle can help to manage the disease. The mainstay of treatment is with a gluten free diet for life. Elimination of wheat, barley, and rye from your diet will produce a dramatic clinical improvement within a few days or weeks. Oats...
- Famous 'Alien' Scene Was Inspired by Crohn's
Inflammatory bowel disease is not a well-represented condition in film and movie industry. However, one of the most horrifying scenes known to the science fiction film community is a scene from the movie Alien. It's called the "chestburster" scene, during which an alien punches itself out of John...
- Celiac Diagnoses Are Soaring. What's Behind This Surge?
It's true. Many people today have dietary restrictions. Some may have an allergy to nuts, while others might not eat meat or dairy. One diet that is very popular right now is the gluten-free diet. The number of people that are on a gluten-free diet today is only increasing. In fact, as many as 3.1...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Dr. Matthew R. Astroff M.D.325 Central Avenue Malvern Pennsylvania 19355
- Dr. Steven M. Greenfield M.D.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Richard A. Gambescia MD1811 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19148
- Dr. Missale Solomon M.D.317 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Richard D Tolin M.D.325 Central Ave Malvern PA 19355
- Dr. Daniel J. Sher M.D.700 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19111