Dr. Stephen Rich is an internist practicing in Santa Rosa, CA. Dr. Rich specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Rich provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Experimental evidence for genetic recombination in the opportunistic pathogen Cryptosporidium parvum.
- Human Stx2-specific monoclonal antibodies prevent systemic complications of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection.
- Ancient lineages of non-LTR retrotransposons in the primitive eukaryote, Giardia lamblia.
- Production and characterization of protective human antibodies against Shiga toxin 1.
- Sequence diversity and evolution of the malaria vaccine candidate merozoite surface protein-1 (MSP-1) of Plasmodium falciparum.
- Cryptosporidium parvum in children with diarrhea in Mulago Hospital, Kampala, Uganda.
- Progress in malaria research: the case for phylogenetics.
- Quorum sensing in Staphylococci is regulated via phosphorylation of three conserved histidine residues.
- The unpredictable past of Plasmodium vivax revealed in its genome.
- An expectation maximization approach to estimate malaria haplotype frequencies in multiply infected children.
- Correlation between tick density and pathogen endemicity, New Hampshire.
- The origin of malignant malaria.
- Resolving the phylogeny of malaria parasites.
- Genetic diversity of ixodid ticks parasitizing eastern mouse and dwarf lemurs in Madagascar, with descriptions of the larva, nymph, and male of Ixodes lemuris (Acari: Ixodidae).
- Detection of heterogeneity of Borrelia burgdorferi in ixodes ticks by culture-dependent and culture-independent methods.
- Dried whole plant Artemisia annua as an antimalarial therapy.
- Pharmacokinetics of artemisinin delivered by oral consumption of Artemisia annua dried leaves in healthy vs. Plasmodium chabaudi-infected mice.
- A silicone membrane for in vitro feeding of Ixodes scapularis (Ixodida: Ixodidae).
- Dried whole-plant Artemisia annua slows evolution of malaria drug resistance and overcomes resistance to artemisinin.
- Passive Surveillance of Ixodes scapularis (Say), Their Biting Activity, and Associated Pathogens in Massachusetts.
- Hard Tick Relapsing Fever Caused by Borrelia miyamotoi in a Child.
- Kaiser Permanente Med Ctr-Sf, Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephen M. Rich MD's Practice location
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Get Direction
WINDSOR, CA 95492Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Stephen M. Rich MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Stephen M. Rich MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- E. coli and Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection?The main function of the urinary system is to get rid of waste, maintain the body’s water balance, and regulate electrolytes. Its function starts with the kidneys, the organ that filter blood to produce urine, which is composed of extra fluid and wastes. Before...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Valley Fever?
Valley fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungal infection that usually presents itself in the form of a lung disease. This condition is also known by the name desert fever, desert rheumatism, and San Joaquin Valley fever. This condition is very mild, in most cases, and requires no special...
- Dr. Danielle Marie Mellace D.O.831 Countrymeadow Lane Sonoma California 95476
- Dr. Heather M. Peña M.D.999 Adams Street St. Helena California 94574
- Dr. Afsaneh Khalili M.D.6 Woodland Road Saint Helena CA 94574
- Dr. Monica O Ferguson MD3701 Market St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Sumandeep Kaur M.D.401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa CA 95403
- Dr. Bruce Nicholson Tucker M.D.3536 Mendocino Ave Santa Rosa CA 95403