Dr. James Whitfield is a nephrologist practicing in Gallup, NM. Dr. Whitfield specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Whitfield most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1978
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Nephrology; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Internal Medicine; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Rochester 1979
- University of Florida Program
Dr. James W Whitfield MD's Practice location
Dr. James W Whitfield MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Dr. Oladipo A Adeniyi MD1801 Redrock Dr Gallup NM 87301
- Dr. Ayodele Olumide Erinle M.D.1901 RED ROCK DR GALLUP NM 87301
- Dr. Chinedu Patrick Nweke M.D1801 Red Rock Dr Gallup NM 87301
- Dr. Rakesh I Patel M.D.1801 Redrock Dr Gallup NM 87301
- Dr. Young ho Kim MD1901 Redrock Dr Gallup NM 87301
- Dr. Marjorie G Murphy MD1801 Redrock Dr Gallup NM 87301