Dr. Michael E. Makover MD
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Public Health & General Preventive Medicine901 Fifth Ave. New York NY, 10021
Michael Makover is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in New York, NY. Makover specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Makover participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Internal Medicine; Greenwich Hosp, Internal Medicine; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael E. Makover MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Michael E. Makover MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Makover
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is a painful condition that can stop you from carrying on with your normal duties. It is impossible for a normal person to stay still at all times; every now and then we find ourselves either bending, stretching or twisting. Tests and DiagnosisDuring the first visit to your doctor, a...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Dr. Elie A. Nehme M.D.462 Grider St Buffalo NY 14215
- Dr. Jozef Lizardo Smit MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Kevin Michael Cahill M.D., D.T. M & H850 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10021
- Dr. Braden James Reiter D.O.1444 S Potomac St Aurora CO 80012
- Dr. Lawrence M Sherman M.D.1173 Sheridan Dr Tonawanda NY 14150
- Dr. Jerome J Ulatowski MD3745 Cherokee St NW Kennesaw GA 30144