Naomi Rounds MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease851 Main St Suite 14 South Weymouth MA, 02190
Dr. Naomi Rounds is a cardiologist practicing in South Weymouth, MA. Dr. Rounds specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Rounds also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- 2011 Boston Super Doctors
- 1992 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 1990 CB Emerson Memorial Scholarship
- 1989 Dean's Letter of Commendation
- 1993 Arnold Dunne Intern Award
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Brigham and Women's Hospital 1993
- Univ of Rochester Medical School, Research Fellow:Cardiology 1995
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Fellow:Cardiovascular Diseases 1996
Naomi Rounds MD's Practice location
South Weymouth, MA 02190Get Direction
Naomi Rounds MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rounds
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Avni Thakore M.D.88 E Newton St Boston MA 02118
- Alanna Morris M.D.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Philip Podrid MD1400 VFW PKWY WEST ROXBURY MA 02132
- Bernardo Nadal-Ginard334 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Ricardo C. Cury MD100 Charles River Plz Boston MA 02114
- Afshin Ehsan M.D.TUFTS NEW ENGLAND MEDICAL CENTER BOSTON MA 02111