Dr. Thomas T. Hui MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery1101 Madison St Suite 800 Seattle WA, 98104
Dr. Thomas Hui practices Pediatric Surgery in Seattle, WA. Dr. Hui treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Huidiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine 1993
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Immediate early genes and p21 regulation in liver of rats with acute hepatic failure.
- Octreotide in the treatment of lymphorrhea after axillary node dissection: a prospective randomized controlled trial.
- Experience with a new 3-mm laparoscope in complex neonatal minimally invasive surgery: a preliminary report.
- Dirofilaria causing eye infection in a patient from Malaysia.
- Preoperative liver function assessments to estimate the prognosis and safety of liver resections.
- Prognosis and predictors of surgical complications in hepatocellular carcinoma patients with or without cirrhosis after hepatectomy.
- Propensity score analysis demonstrated the prognostic advantage of anatomical liver resection in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Saline injection method for facilitating the liver hanging maneuver during hepatectomy for a large right liver tumor.
- Saline injection method: in reply to Julianov.
- New technique of extracorporeal hepatic inflow control for pure laparoscopic liver resection.
- Altered fecal short chain fatty acid composition in children with a history of Hirschsprung-associated enterocolitis.
- Critical evaluation of the Hirschsprung-associated enterocolitis (HAEC) score: A multicenter study of 116 children with Hirschsprung disease.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Montreal Children's Hospital
- Montreal Children's Hospital 2005
- Montreal Children's Hospital (Pediatric General Surgery)
Dr. Thomas T. Hui MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98104Get Direction
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
PALO ALTO, CA 94304Get Direction
Dr. Thomas T. Hui MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hui
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Amy J Wagner MD1100 9th Ave Seattle WA 98101
- Robert S Sawin Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Adam B Goldin Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Jeffrey Avansino MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Kenneth William Gow M.D.4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Patrick J Healey MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105