Dr. Paul Spurgas practices Neurological Surgery in Schenectady, NY. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Spurgas prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1976
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Albany Med Ctr Hosp, General Surgery; Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Paul E. Spurgas MD's Practice location
Schenectady, NY 12308Get Direction
SCHENECTADY, NY 12308Get Direction
Dr. Paul E. Spurgas MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Spurgas
My Lower Back surgery.
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Dr. Ramesh Pitti Babu MD530 First Avenue New York NY 10016
- Dr. Julie Georgia Pilitsis MD,PHD47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Junichi Yamamoto M.D.3 Gates Cir Buffalo NY 14209
- Dr. Frank Louis Genovese MD1182 Troy Schenectady Rd Latham NY 12110
- Dr. Alan Samuel Boulos M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. David Semenoff M.D.47 New Scotland Avenue Albany New York 11208