Dr. Deepa Aravind M.D
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism285 Middle Country Rd Suite 105 Smithtown NY, 11787
Dr. Deepa Aravind practices Endocrinology in Smithtown, NY. Dr. Aravind specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Aravind examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Sri Ramachandra Medical College
Sri Ramachandra Medical College And Research Institute 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Graves' Disease
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
- S U N Y At Stony Brook School Medicine
Dr. Deepa Aravind M.D's Practice location
Smithtown, NY 11787Get Direction
Dr. Deepa Aravind M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aravind
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Understanding the Risk Factors for Prediabetes
Type II diabetes, the most commonly diagnosed form, is usually diagnosed in adults of middle age, but can also be found in children and is often brought on by obesity. While the pancreas in type II diabetes can sometimes make insulin, it may not make enough or the body will not use what is made...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- MMA Fighter Jordan Williams Doesn't Let Diabetes Slow Him Down
MMA fighter Jordan Williams is a rising star in the fight cage, but he also faces another fight of his own: type 1 diabetes. ...
- How the Smart Insulin Patch is a Breakthrough for Insulin Delivery
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Legendary Rockstar Bret Michaels Using His Music To Support Diabetes Research
Odds are, everyone has heard the name Bret Michaels, especially if they were born in the late 70's and early 80's. For those who haven't heard of him, Bret Michaels is an American musician better known for his role as frontman and vocalist for the popular glam metal band, Poison. Born in 1963,...
- Dr. Edward M Condon MD1000 Northern Boulevard Great Neck NY 11021
- Dr. Marina M Charitou MD26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Joseph Terrana M.D.57 Southern Boulevard Nesconset NY 11767
- Dr. Harold Carlson M.D.26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Igor Kravets MD26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Harmeet S Narula M.D.26 Research Way East Setauket NY 11733