Dr. Tracey Haggerty is a speech language pathologist practicing in BAY SHORE, NY. Dr. Haggerty specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Haggerty evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Haggerty helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Tracey Haggerty's Practice location
BAY SHORE, NY 11706Get Direction
Tracey Haggerty's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Karen Brown M.A.,CCC-SLP2198 SOUTHARD AVE SEAFORD NY 11783
- Robin Seigel Chamow17 KRISTI LN WOODBURY NY 11797
- Shari Mandel22 UDELL WAY EAST NORTHPORT NY 11731
- Mrs. Melissa Twersky MS CCC SLP3111 SHORE RD BELLMORE NY 11710
- Mrs. Janet Lynn Karp LICENSED SPEECH LANG36 SAMUELS PATH MILLER PLACE NY 11764
- Mrs. Barbara Jean Parker SLP488 ROOSEVELT AVE FREEPORT NY 11520