Dr. Leigh D Sorokin M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry444 N 44th St #400 Phoenix AZ, 85008
Dr. Leigh Sorokin is a psychiatrist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Sorokin is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sorokin diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sorokin may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sorokin treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1993
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Psychiatry; C J Zablocki Vet Aff Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; St Joseph'S Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Leigh D Sorokin M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, AZ 85008Get Direction
Dr. Leigh D Sorokin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sorokin
- What Are the Symptoms of Depression in Women?
Depression has an extreme prominence in women, compared to men, and effects the lives of 15% of women in the U.S. It is quite common for women with depression to leave this disorder untreated, because women typically misread the signs and symptoms. An individual can experience depression at any age,...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is intellectual disability?Intellectual disability was once called mental retardation. It is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities have below-average intelligence but are able to learn new skills at a...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Dr. Charlisa F. Allen M.D.8485 E McDonald Dr Scottsdale Arizona 85250
- Dr. Michael Fermo M.D.2545 West Quail Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027
- Dr. Thomas D. Gazda M.D.7575 E Earll Dr Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Winona Belmonte3716 East Mercer Lane Phoenix Arizona 85028
- Dr. Beatriz Mateus M.D.1457 N Diane Cir Mesa AZ 85203
- Dr. Karnail S. Dhillon MD5601 West Eugie Avenue Glendale Arizona 85304