Dr. Lesli Mcelrath is a speech language pathologist practicing in ANGOLA, IN. Dr. Mcelrath specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcelrath evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcelrath helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Lesli Overbey Mcelrath M.A.'s Practice location
ANGOLA, IN 46703Get Direction
Mrs. Lesli Overbey Mcelrath M.A.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Dr. Louise Marie Snyder PHD CCC SLP156 CHURCH ST COLDWATER MI 49036
- Ms. Jerri Ann Onjukka MS, CCC-SLP156 CHURCH ST COLDWATER MI 49036
- Mrs. Casey Waine Newman MA, CCC-SLP500 WILLIAMS ST ANGOLA IN 46703
- Diane R Crisman M.A.T. C.C.C.-SP401 SOUTH BROAD ST., SUITE A FREMONT IN 46737
- Ms. Heidi Wagner CFY-SLP156 CHURCH ST COLDWATER MI 49036
- Mrs. Francesca Joanna Caparrotti M.S.156 CHURCH ST COLDWATER MI 49036