Dr. John Raftery is a cardiologist practicing in TRAVERSE CITY, MI. Dr. Raftery specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Raftery also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Baylor Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Northwestern Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. John E. Raftery M.D.'s Practice location
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684Get Direction
Dr. John E. Raftery M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with High Blood Pressure
Living with high blood pressure is never easy. You have to watch yourself constantly with the knowledge that your body is malfunctioning. Most of the people who are diagnosed with this condition become depressive and lose the will to live. You have to know that even if you are diagnosed with high...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Is a Stent?
A stent is an expandable metal tube that is used to treat weak arteries. These stents help in opening up arteries that are narrowed down by the accumulation of plaques. Implantation of the tube helps in reducing the constriction of blood flow in the affected region. The metal mesh is implanted...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Daniel L Bonifacio D.O.1200 Sixth St Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Roberto A Corpus M.D.1200 6th St Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Brian D Jaffe M.D.1200 Sixth St Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Kristen Nicole Maurice DO1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens MI 48043
- Dr. Michael E Schulte M.D.1200 6th St Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Michael A Lauer M.D.301 W Wackerly St Midland MI 48640