Dr. James Bolling is an ophthalmologist practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Bolling specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Bolling can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Bolling can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1980
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vanderbilt University Hospital 1981
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School Program
Dr. James P Bolling MD's Practice location
Dr. James P Bolling MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bolling
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Frank Bowden, III.7205 Bonneval Road Jacksonville Florida 32256
- Dr. Tina N. Tillis MD580 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32259
- Dr. Ravi Radhakrishnan MD559 Gramatan Avenue Mount Vernon NY 10552
- Dr. Adam David Koenigsberg MD8833 Perimeter Park Blvd Jacksonville FL 32216
- Mr. Kakarla V Chalam MD580 W 8th St Jacksonville FL 32209
- Dr. John P Sullivan MD7740 Point Meadows Drive Jacksonville FL 32256