Dr. Christopher Thompson is a family practitioner practicing in Smyrna, TN. Dr. Thompson specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Thompson possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1994
Georgetown University in Washington DC 1994
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Family Medicine
- University Of Tennessee Med Center At Knoxville Family Med
- University of Tennessee Program
Dr. Christopher O Thompson MD's Practice location
Smyrna, TN 37167Get Direction
Dr. Christopher O Thompson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Cold vs. Allergy: How to Tell the Difference
It is very common to assume that anyone with the sniffles is contagious. Very often, however, those sniffles are not linked to anything contagious at all--they can be related to other factors. The first thought of many individuals when they suffer from a runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing, or...
- What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, or tinea, refers to a fungal infection of the skin. The term ‘worm’ is derived from the old belief that the disease was caused by a worm. The term ‘ring’ refers to the characteristic ring-shaped patches produced by the fungus on the skin. Infection is often found in the outer layer...
- What is an Exercise-Induced Migraine?
What is an Exercise-Induced Migraine?Exercises have been recommended by many doctors and lifestyle therapists as a healthy way of living. Unfortunately these exercises can have side effects such as migraines.Compromising on fitness is not often a preferred option but oft one chosen due to health...
- Treatments for Back Pain
The aim of treatments for back pain is to relief pain and restore mobility. Adjusting your activities is the essential treatment for easing acute back pain caused by minor injury or strain. Back pain treatments are determined by the duration you have experienced the pain, the severity and your...
- What Is Tramadol Used For?
Tramadol, sold under the brand name "Ultram" in the United States, is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to manage moderate to moderately-severe pain. It is generally used to relieve pain as that experienced during chronic conditions like arthritis or after surgery. Tramadol Hcl 50 mg also arrives in...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Dr. Richard A. Aballay MD905 S Church St Murfreesboro TN 37130
- Dr. Ilaben Patel-Desai M.D.1289 Wheatley Forest Dr Brentwood Tennessee 37027
- Dr. Sharon T Browning MD740 Cool Springs Blvd Franklin TN 37067
- Mr. Peter F Cobb MD300 Stonecrest Blvd Smyrna TN 37167
- Dr. Randall C. Rickard MD515 E Bell St Murfreesboro TN 37130
- Dr. Joshua M Hixson M.D300 Stonecrest Blvd Smyrna TN 37167