Dr. Lawrence Richard Charnas M.D., PHD
Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child NeurologyUniversity Of Minnesota Physicians 516 Delaware Street Minneapolis MN, 55455
Dr. Lawrence Charnas practices Neuropathology in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Charnas studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1981
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Myalgia and elevated creatine kinase activity associated with subcutaneous injections of diluent.
- Late occurrence of chronic immune-mediated axonal polyneuropathy following bone marrow transplant for juvenile-onset alpha-mannosidosis.
- Identification and developmental expression of a novel low molecular weight
- Schwann cell proliferation and migration during paranodal demyelination.
- Fetal oculocerebrorenal syndrome of Lowe associated with elevated maternal serum and amniotic fluid alpha-fetoprotein levels.
- Jackson-Weiss and Crouzon syndromes are allelic with mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2.
- Muscle carnitine repletion by long-term carnitine supplementation in nephropathic cystinosis.
- Cognitive and behavioral profile of the oculocerebrorenal syndrome of Lowe.
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Neurology; Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Lawrence Richard Charnas M.D., PHD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence Richard Charnas M.D., PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Charnas
- Progression of Multiple Sclerosis Could Affect Sense of Smell
For individuals that live with multiple sclerosis, they know that managing the disease and trying to maintain some degree of health is a difficult task. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be far-reaching since it is a disease that affects the central nervous system, and this means that sometimes...
- Friends Fundraise for a 5-Year-Old with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Harrison Williams was only 16-months old when he was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The family heard the diagnosis while driving on their first family holiday together. They were happily traveling along when the pediatrician called and told them to turn the car around and...
- Sleep Disorder May Cause Brain Inflammation in Parkinson’s Patients
Researchers have long proposed that a sleep disorder may increase inflammatory responses, and may increase the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease. A recent study called “Assessment of neuroinflammation in patients with idiopathic...
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia?
Dementia is a brain disorder that affects communication and causes difficulty in performing daily tasks. Alzheimer’s disease, on the other hand, affects the parts of the brain that control language, thought, and memory, and it is a specific form of dementia.Though dementia and Alzheimer’s...
- Second Opinions for Multiple Sclerosis: When Are They Advisable?
The decision of whether or not to seek out a second opinion during medical procedures or diagnoses is often uncertain, and many struggle to understand when or how to get one. It is important to follow these guidelines for attaining expertise from an multiple sclerosis specialist, while still...
- What Is Central Vertigo?
Types of VertigoWhen the world seems as though it is spinning, without cause, it is time to check with a doctor. There are two common forms of vertigo; central and peripheral....
- Dr. Muhammad Fareed Khan Suri MBBS516 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Flavia Nelson M.D.909 FULTON ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455
- Dr. Suraj Ashok Muley MD516 Delaware Street Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Jeffrey A Allen M.D.909 FULTON ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455
- Dr. Zhiyi Sha MD420 Delaware Street S. E. , Mmc 295 Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Yoon-hee Kim Cha MD909 FULTON ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455