Dr. Kathy Deslauriers is an optometrist practicing in Shallotte, NC. Dr. Deslauriers specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Deslauriers performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Kathy A Deslauriers O.D.'s Practice location
Shallotte, NC 28470Get Direction
Dr. Kathy A Deslauriers O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- Dr. Elizabeth J Cooke O.D.4830 Main St Shallotte NC 28470
- Dr. Susan A. Holt O.D.1516 Hwy 17 N North Myrtle Beach SC 29582
- Dr. Aaron Brent Westerlund O.D.1516 Hwy 17 N North Myrtle Beach SC 29582
- Dr. John Michael Howard OD4961 Long Beach Rd Se Southport NC 28461
- Dr. Jo ann Jeffers OD706 Sea Mountain Hwy North Myrtle Beach SC 29582
- Lindsay Leigh Totten O.D.213 Highway 17 N North Myrtle Beach SC 29582