Dr. Manijeh Akbarzadeh is a hospitalist practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Akbarzadeh specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Akbarzadeh manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Akbarzadeh works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Ross University School of Medicine 2005
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Program
Dr. Manijeh Akbarzadeh MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401Get Direction
Dr. Manijeh Akbarzadeh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akbarzadeh
- Three Women in One Family Battle Breast Cancer Together
Genetics are a risk factor that no one can avoid when it comes to having a higher risk of disease. Genes passed down from parents inform the way that every cell grows and behaves.Breast cancer is one of the diseases that has a hereditary risk factor. It is estimated that between 5% and 10% of all...
- A Common Virus May be the Trigger of Celiac Disease, Study Says
In the recent years, gluten rose up in popularity because of the increasing emergence of gluten-free foods, believing that it is a healthier alternative. Gluten-free foods are targeted for people with celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that leads to damage of the small intestine whenever gluten...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- Is Breast Cancer Ever Preventable?
Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer, but there are certain practices that can significantly reduce your risk, even in high-risk women. Many of these practices are easy lifestyle changes for most women. Recent evidence shows that breast cancer will affect 1 in 8 women in the...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is one of the most common conditions affecting men in United States. Most men above 50-years-old will develop this condition, at least in a mild way. The disease progresses very slowly and mostly remains asymptomatic until it reaches an advanced stage. In most cases, the disease may...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Alfloyd Woodard M.D.2025 Glenn Mitchell Dr Virginia Beach VA 23456
- Dr. Ruth H. Innes M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Jonathan Khoury M.D.44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac MI 48341
- Dr. Sarfraz Aly MD3531 Town Center Blvd S Sugar Land TX 77479
- Dr. Jonathan E. Briggs MD1060 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Nawazish Ali Khan MD150 Kingsley Ln Norfolk VA 23505