Dr. Michael Schumacher DPM
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist)135 E 37th St New York NY, 10016
I am a podiatric surgeon specializing in conservative and surgical management of lower extremity conditions and deformities. Two of my practice specialties are the non-surgical treatment of heel pain ...
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 1999
- Ankle Injuries, Bunions, Diabetic Foot Care And More
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center 1993
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center 1994
Dr. Michael Schumacher DPM's Practice location
New York, NY 10016Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10019Get Direction
Dr. Michael Schumacher DPM's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schumacher
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- Dr. Arianna Sabghir DPM251 Central Park West New York New York 10024
- Dr. Shazia Amar DPM1435 86th St Brooklyn NY 11228
- Dr. Lauren Grossman DPM363 Grand Ave Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Kelvin A Barry D.P.M.3757 91st Street Jackson Heights NY 11372
- Dr. Harvey L. Katz DDS100 William Street New York New York 10038
- Dr. Jeffrey Miller DPM1117 Rout 46 East Clifton New Jersey 7013