Dr. James Schwartz is a general practitioner practicing in Chico, CA. Dr. Schwartz does not specialize in one area of medicine, however provides routine health care services. General practitioners typically have regular, even life-long patients who they provide health care services to. Dr. Schwartz provides services including physical exams, immunizations, and diagnosing and treating multiple illnesses and injuries. General practitioners typically work in private offices and clinics and have staffs of nurses and administators.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1967
University of Florida College of Medicine 1967
- The cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein and polyadenylation of messenger RNA in Aplysia neurons.
- Ubiquitination, protein turnover, and long-term synaptic plasticity.
- p38 MAP kinase mediates both short-term and long-term synaptic depression in aplysia.
- Axonal transport of eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1alpha mRNA couples transcription in the nucleus to long-term facilitation at the synapse.
- The two regulatory subunits of aplysia cAMP-dependent protein kinase mediate distinct functions in producing synaptic plasticity.
- Long-term memory requires polyADP-ribosylation.
- CREB-binding protein controls response to cocaine by acetylating histones at the fosB promoter in the mouse striatum.
- Two mRNA-binding proteins regulate the distribution of syntaxin mRNA in Aplysia sensory neurons.
- Serotonin induces selective cleavage of the PKA RI subunit but not RII subunit in Aplysia neurons.
- Alpha/beta-tubulin are A kinase anchor proteins for type I PKA in neurons.
- Poly-(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 is necessary for long-term facilitation in Aplysia.
- Unity Hosp, Psychiatry; Herrick Hosp Hlth Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Herrick Hospital Health Center
Dr. James H. Schwartz M.D.'s Practice location
Chico, CA 95926Get Direction
Dr. James H. Schwartz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwartz
- Restless Legs Syndrome: Get the basics
Restless Legs Syndrome: Get the basicsRestless legs syndrome also referred to as Willis-Ekbom disorder is a very common condition affecting the nervous system causing an irresistible desire to move the legs.The condition can also trigger an irritating crawling or slinking condition in the feet,...
- Obesity and Life Expectancy
Researchers from Canada have shown that obese people without any major health issues may live as long as others who are of normal weight. “This shows that one should not look at the weight alone," says researcher Jennifer Kuk, PhD, assistant professor of kinesiology and health science at York...
- What are the Types of Anemia and What Increases Risk?
Blood is the lifeline of the body. It performs various functions, from defending against infections and viruses to transporting nutrients and oxygen to all parts of the body. The blood is made up of various components, i.e., red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, and platelets. Each of these...
- The Difference Between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis is also characterized as a chronic, inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. Hence, both Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (UC) are...
- What is Psoriatic Arthritis?
Psoriatic arthritis is a type of inflammation affecting any joint in the body. It occurs in about 15% of patients who have psoriasis. The symptoms of psoriatic arthritis vary from person-to-person.Psoriatic arthritis typically appears in people between the ages 30 years old and 50 years old, but it...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- Dr. Ross W Tye MD1361 Cortina Dr Orland CA 95963
- Dr. Timothy Robert Roy MD280 Cohasset Rd Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Dean P Smith MD1040 Mangrove Ave Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Ronald D. Johnson M.D.376 Vallombrosa Ave Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Kurt E Johnson M.D., INC.1040 Mangrove Ave Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Paul Maria Gahlinger M.D.1850 S 300 W Salt Lake City UT 84115