Dr. Keith Ramos is a nephrologist practicing in Mission, TX. Dr. Ramos specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ramos most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Universidad Central Del Caribe School Of Medicine 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Nephrology; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Department Of Veterans Affairs Med Center 1995
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Keith A Ramos M.D.'s Practice location
Mission, TX 78572Get Direction
Dr. Keith A Ramos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- Dr. Savita Koolwal MD214 W Sam Houston Blvd Pharr TX 78577
- Dr. Sajal Kumar MD315 Holton Ave Yakima WA 98902
- Dr. Nyan Wai Phyo MD5601 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Roberto Mangoo MD1901 S 1st St Mcallen TX 78503
- Dr. Salil Mangi MD1901 S 1st St Mcallen TX 78503
- Dr. Maharaj K Razdan M.D.222 E Ridge Rd Mcallen TX 78503