Dr. Jeffrey Wayne Elder MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecologic Oncology619 19th St S Birmingham AL, 35249
Dr. Jeffrey Elder is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Elder specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Elder can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Elder can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Mercer Univ Sch Of Med 2006
Dr. Jeffrey Wayne Elder MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
GREENVILLE, SC 29605Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Wayne Elder MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Elder
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- How Is Diabetes Diagnosed?
Are you wondering if you have diabetes? Do you fall in the high-risk category for diabetes? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst, frequent urination, and feeling hungry more than usual? Do you want to confirm if you have diabetes? Checking your blood sugar...
- 23andMe Now FDA-Approved to Test BRCA Genetic Mutations Without a Doctor
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the use of a direct-to-consumer (DTC) test for BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic mutations. Although it is not the first DTC test available on the US marketplace, it is the first one designed to specifically test for BRCA mutations.“Being the first and...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Why Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
Whether to breastfeed or bottle-feed a baby is one of the toughest choices that any expectant mothers and new parents have to make. Although the choice is personal, it is better to know a few pros and cons of each feeding method to help parents make the best choice for their babies.It is highly...
- Why Is Hereditary Ovarian Cancer Risk on the Rise in India?
Ovarian cancer is one of the more serious cancers which can affect women. It is the seventh most common cause of cancer in women, affecting one in twenty-eight women. The symptoms can be difficult to detect, as they mimic the effects of other, less dangerous diseases. When caught early, most women...
- Dr. Cecil A. Long M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Homewood Alabama 35209
- Dr. Shannon Ellis M.D.800 St. Vincent Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Dr. Alex Joseph Childs M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Mary Kathleen Ingram MD806 St Vincents Drive Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Cecilia Mcgilvray Stradtman MD2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Antonio R Gonzalez-ruiz M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209