Dr. Luis Eduardo Mejia MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology10000 W Colonial Dr Suite 389 Ocoee FL, 34761
Dr. Luis Mejia is a gastroenterologist practicing in Ocoee, FL. Dr. Mejia specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mejia performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Pontifical Catholic University Mother and Teacher
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University 1998
- GASTROENTEROLOGY, HARPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, DETROIT, MI 2006
- GASTROENTEROLOGY, HARPER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, DETROIT, MI 2001
- Wayne State University
- Gastroenterology - Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
Dr. Luis Eduardo Mejia MD's Practice location
Ocoee, FL 34761Get Direction
Kissimmee, FL 34741Get Direction
Dr. Luis Eduardo Mejia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mejia
- Stomach Ulcers: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
An ulcer in the stomach is primarily a result of an infection that occurs due to a germ which is known as Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. This germ is a bacteria that triggers an infection in the digestive system. Usually, medications which are mainly acid suppressants take about four to eight...
- What is a Hiatal Hernia?
The hiatus is the opening in the diaphragm through which the esophagus goes and attaches to the stomach. Hiatal hernia is a condition that results in a part of the stomach pushing upwards through the opening into the chest. Small hiatal hernia may not affect you, and you may not realize unless the...
- Holistic Treatments for Lactose Intolerance
Affecting approximately 65% of all adults in the world, lactose intolerance is one of the most common food intolerance. To evade gastrointestinal complications that often result from consumption of milk products, the majority of individuals decide to remove all dairy products from their diet.The...
- Drugs for Heartburn May Cause Hip Fractures
Long-term use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the major class of heartburn drugs, may result in fractures of the hip in postmenopausal women with a history of smoking. The results of the study, published in the journal BMJ, shows that the risk of a hip fracture is not lowered even after stopping...
- Research Suggests Broccoli Could Benefit Crohn's Disease
There is a common myth that an individual’s diet can cause Crohn’s disease. This rumor is popular because on the surface it seems to make sense: Diet is often the culprit when it comes to stomach-related illness. However, medical research has proven that a person’s diet will not cause them to...
- Does Coffee Help or Hurt Inflammatory Bowel Disease
For most people, coffee is their morning miracle and those who drink it first thing in the morning cannot even imagine getting up without it to start their day. For anyone suffering from an inflammatory bowel disease, the side effects from drinking coffee are the farthest thing from a miracle....
- Shaista Safder60 W Gore St Orlando Florida 32806
- Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.100 West Gore Street, Suite 300 Orlando Florida 32806
- Dr. Joseph Quagliata MD260 Lookout Place Maitland Florida 32751
- Richard James Straker623 Maitland Ave Altamonte Springs FL 32701
- Dr. Richard Anthony Dumois MD6735 Conroy Road Orlando FL 32835
- Dr. Srinivas Seela MD7975 Lake Underhill Rd Orlando FL 32822