Dr. Lalitha Krishnan is an internist practicing in East Orange, NJ. Dr. Krishnan specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Krishnan provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Kilpauk Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1980
Madras Medical College 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Umdnj-Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Lalitha Krishnan MD's Practice location
East Orange, NJ 07018Get Direction
Dr. Lalitha Krishnan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary tract infection, or UTI, is the infection of any part of the urinary tract, including kidneys, urinary bladder, urethra, and ureters (tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder). The most common among them is the infection of bladder, which when treated immediately, can prevent infection of...
- Leptin Resistance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leptin?Leptin has been regarded as the "fat hormone", "obesity hormone", and in some cases, called the "starvation hormone". Scientists discovered leptin in the year 1994, and with its discovery, there was a lot of excitement since it was regarded as a potential hit product for weight loss...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205