Dr. David Backes is a urologist practicing in Wichita, KS. Dr. Backes specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1977
Indiana University School of Medicine 1977
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Urology; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. David J Backes MD's Practice location
Dr. David J Backes MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Balanitis: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
IntroductionBalanitis is the inflammation and swelling of the head of the penis or foreskin. This condition is not always serious but can be painful. Balanitis can happen at any age. It affects approximately one in 20 males and is more commonly seen in uncircumcised men. This condition tends to be...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Is Testicular Cancer Curable?
The testes are a pair of male sex glands located just beneath the penis and is encased in a loose fold of skin - the scrotum, and are responsible for producing testosterone - the male sex hormone, and for manufacturing sperms which are mobile male sex cells. Testicular cancer occurs when some of...
- At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?
At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?Erectile dysfunction affects men across all age brackets. It is possible for men both young and old to suffer from it. However the risks associated with ED increase as you get older. This is because as you grow older, the probability of...
- What Are the Complications of Erectile Dysfunction?
What Are the Complications of Erectile Dysfunction?Erectile dysfunction is a condition that affects an important part of a man’s life. It interferes with his sexual functionality, and this may have adverse effects on both him and his sexual partner(s). Aside from psychological effects, the man...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- Dr. Ayham J Farha MD2626 N Webb Rd Wichita KS 67226
- Dr. William David Mcdonough MD3311 E Murdock St Wichita KS 67208
- Dr. Baikunth N Bhargava M.D.5500 E Kellogg Dr Wichita KS 67218
- Dr. Fadi N Joudi MD2626 N Webb Rd Wichita KS 67226
- Dr. Oral E Bass MD2626 N Webb Rd Wichita KS 67226
- Dr. Bibiano Borromeo Ouano MD1431 BLUFFVIEW ST STE 216 WICHITA KS 67218