Dr. David Backes is a urologist practicing in Wichita, KS. Dr. Backes specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1977
Indiana University School of Medicine 1977
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Urology; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. David J Backes MD's Practice location
Dr. David J Backes MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Testicular Cancer?
According to studies, 98 percent of people afflicted by cancers exposed to chemotherapy and radiation treatment succumb to their ailments which contrasts starkly with billions of dollars that have gone into researching cancer cures.Cancer affecting the germ cells lining the seminiferous tubules of...
- Prostate Drugs May Not Increase the Risk of Fractures
About 8 million men in the U.S. between the ages of 50-years-old and 79-years-old suffer from enlarged prostate glands. Drugs used to treat an enlarged prostate gland, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), are of two types: 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and alpha-blockers. In a study,...
- At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?
At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?Erectile dysfunction affects men across all age brackets. It is possible for men both young and old to suffer from it. However the risks associated with ED increase as you get older. This is because as you grow older, the probability of...
- What Will a Doctor Ask if you Have Blood in Your Urine?
In the normal course, blood has no reason to appear in the urine, but if that happens, one should not hesitate to seek specialist medical opinion. Blood may appear in urine owing to simple infections in the urinary and genital systems, or it could be a result of some serious ailment that is...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. William David Mcdonough MD3311 E Murdock St Wichita KS 67208
- Dr. Ayham J Farha MD2626 N Webb Rd Wichita KS 67226
- Dr. Baikunth N Bhargava M.D.5500 E Kellogg Dr Wichita KS 67218
- Dr. Fadi N Joudi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Bibiano Borromeo Ouano MD1431 Bluffview St Wichita KS 67218
- Dr. Oral E Bass MD2626 N Webb Rd Wichita KS 67226