Dr. Michael Wilkinson is a cardiologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Wilkinson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Wilkinson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 2011
- Heart Disease
- University of Chicago Program
Dr. Michael John Wilkinson M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Dr. Michael John Wilkinson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- 5 Tips on Living with Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition of the heart which causes irregularity of the heartbeat. It causes quivering inside the heart chambers, especially the atria. Due to this rapid and irregular trembling, patients also have an increased risk of stroke.People that have atrial fibrillation usually have...
- What Causes Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is characterized by the formation of clots, or thrombus, in one or more of deep veins in the body. Clots may develop in different parts of the body, like arms or chest, but are more commonly seen in the legs. DVT is a serious condition as the blood clot may move to...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Mr. Amjad I. Sheikh MD4646 N Marine Drive Chicago IL 60640
- Dr. Samuel P. Mathew MD17680 South Kedzie Avenue Hazel Crest Illinois 60429
- Dr. Patrick Joseph McCormick MD12255 S 80th Ave Palos Heights IL 60463
- Dr. Suhail H. Khadra MD1901 West Harrison Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Akhtar Parvaiz MD2315 E 93rd Street Chicago Illinois 60617
- Dr. Iqbal Akhter M.D.5611 W. Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634