Dr. A. Leaird is a rheumatologist practicing in Alcoa, TN. Dr. Leaird specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Leaird treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
- Med University Sc College Of Med
Dr. A. Kimberly Leaird MD's Practice location
Alcoa, TN 37701Get Direction
KNOXVILLE, TN 37909Get Direction
Dr. A. Kimberly Leaird MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leaird
- What to Avoid if You have Osteoarthritis
Refined CarbohydratesRefined carbohydrates provide calories but do not contain enough nutrients. Sugar and enriched flour are examples of refined carbohydrates. These ingredients can have a bad effect on blood sugar levels, energy, appetite, and mood. Healthcare providers recommend avoiding enriched...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are a few people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people for one reason or another.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes....
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- Alternative Treatments For Bursitis
Alternative Treatment for BursitisBursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in bursa tissue, which is tissue found around the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. Since bursitis is a condition that affects a person any time of the day, it is important to know some of its alternative...
- FDA Approves Baricitinib for Adults with Active Rheumatoid Arthritis
On June 1st of 2018, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Olumiant (Baricitinib) for the treatment of adults with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to one or more TNF inhibitor therapies. “We are pleased to provide RA...
- Dr. Mishal Abdullah M.D.8975 Executive Park Drive Knoxville TN 37923
- Dr. John Frederick Wolfe M.D.4707 Papermill Dr Knoxville TN 37909
- Mr. Michael K Watterson MD2410 Patterson St Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Christy C. Park MD1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Kenny R Sizemore MD324 N Park 40 Blvd Knoxville TN 37923
- Tonya Raylynn Baker M.D.4707 Papermill Dr Knoxville TN 37909