Dr. Pamela Polan is a speech language pathologist practicing in HARTLAND, MI. Dr. Polan specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Polan evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Polan helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Pamela Polan CCC-SLP's Practice location
HARTLAND, MI 48353Get Direction
Pamela Polan CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Mrs. Lyndsay Caldwell CCC-SLP640 SHORELINE DR FENTON MI 48430
- Yona Fisher MS CCC-SLP22074 CUMBERLAND DR NORTHVILLE MI 48167
- Mrs. Miranda Anne Whitley MA, CCC-SLP11697 SANDY BOTTOM DR SOUTH LYON MI 48178
- Cathy Roberts M.A., CCC/SLP6625 DALY RD WEST BLOOMFIELD MI 48322
- Mrs. Alisha Feldman M.A. CCC-SLP2636 S MILFORD RD HIGHLAND MI 48357
- Glenna Hale CCC-SLP301 S LAFAYETTE ST SOUTH LYON MI 48178