Dr. Richard Bryan is an ophthalmologist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Bryan specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Bryan can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Bryan can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1995
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- WISCONSIN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH
Dr. Richard G Bryan MD's Practice location
Providence, RI 02905Get Direction
Dr. Richard G Bryan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bryan
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Michael E. Migliori MD120 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905
- Dr. Matthew P. Strachovsky M.D.360 Montauk Hwy West Islip NY 11795
- Dr. Joseph L. Dowling MD150 East Manning Street Providence Rhode Island 2906
- Dr. Richard Sayegh D.O.566 Tollgate Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886
- Dr. Salman Porbandarwalla M.D., M.S.6th Avenue & Spruce Street Reading PA 19611
- Dr. Susan S Liang Other2005 Bay St Taunton MA 02780