Dr. Douglas Brewer is an internist practicing in Wilson, NC. Dr. Brewer specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Brewer provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1974
UNIV OF NC CHAPEL HILL SCH OF MED 1974
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Celiac Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Strep Throat
- Wilford Hall Med Ctr Aetc, Internal Medicine
- Wilford Hall Med Center Aetc
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) Program
Dr. Douglas C Brewer MD's Practice location
Wilson, NC 27893Get Direction
Dr. Douglas C Brewer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brewer
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Are Creatine Supplements Necessary?
Creatine, the popular chemical among athletes for enhanced performance, can be obtained from any normal diet. This chemical is also manufactured naturally in the body, and it can help create energy from the food an individual consumes. Although it is a popular choice among athletes, there is no...
- What Should I Do if My Child Wets the Bed?
Many studies have uncovered the reasons behind bedwetting and what can be done for improving the condition in children. A report on bedwetting mentions the common misconceptions about bedwetting and the progress in finding the cause and treatment of this condition.Darcie Kiddoo, MD, associate...
- Why you Should Really Take that Power Nap
Power naps help you to improve your memory, concentration, and creativity. Making this a part of the regular routine helps to combat fatigue and be active throughout the rest of the day.A short nap of 15 to 20 minutes will help you to recharge, and keep you alert and active. This is really helpful...
- What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is the name given to a broad spectrum of non-specific symptoms, including fatigue, nervousness, anxiety, and digestive problems. The condition is not a medical diagnosis and the term is not medically accepted. In general, it refers to the theory that these symptoms are caused by poor...
- Dr. Drury L Armistead M.D.1806 Glendale Dr Sw Wilson NC 27893
- Dr. Kalyana Chakravarthy Boddapati M.D1304 W Bobo Newsom Hwy Hartsville SC 29550
- Dr. Tammy B Kiger MD8282 Nc Highway 58 South Elm City NC 27822
- Dr. William Boyd Harden MD2460 Curtis Ellis Dr Rocky Mount NC 27804
- Dr. David A Browder MD600 Nash Medical Arts Mall Rocky Mount NC 27804
- Dr. Linda A Bassett shaftoe MD901 N Winstead Ave Rocky Mount NC 27804