Dr. Jason Thomas Poston M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Jason Poston practices Pulmonology in Chicago, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Poston manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 2002
U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med 2002
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hemoglobin-unchained and causing harm in sepsis?
- Rapidly reversible, sedation-related delirium versus persistent delirium in the intensive care unit.
- ATS Core Curriculum 2014: Part II. Adult critical care medicine.
- Patient safety room of horrors: a novel method to assess medical students and entering residents' ability to identify hazards of hospitalisation.
- Introduction to the ATS Core Curriculum Series, 2017.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
Dr. Jason Thomas Poston M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- Skiers Conquer the Entire River Murray for Cystic Fibrosis
Although there is currently no cure for cystic fibrosis, people from all around the world are determined to change this. Organizations committed to raising funds and awareness on CF continuously work hard all year round to:...
- Pathogens that Cause Pneumonia
The pathogens involved in pneumonia are bacteria, virus, fungus, rare parasites, and other microorganisms. Virus is the most common cause of pneumonia among babies and children. Adults with weak immune systems are vulnerable to bacterial pneumonia.Pneumonia Causing pathogens:The pathogens that cause...
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- COPD-Focused Telemedicine
What is TelemedicineE-health, or telehealth (other terms for telemedicine), allows doctors who specialize in respiratory health make use of electronic tools and wireless devices to provide primary care consultations with their COPD patients. Through videos, photos, and live chats, referral with...
- Gene Editing Has the Potential to Change Cystic Fibrosis
Spiked Columnist, Tim Black, discusses advances in genetic editing in his article, Gene Editing: An Expression of Our Humanity.Tim Black questions how people should all consider the recent negative responses to some of the latest gene-editing successes. The majority of these gene-editing techniques...
- Dr. Ikemefula Ekekwe MD2900 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Edward F Fara MD761 45th Ave Munster IN 46321
- Dr. Scott Porter Neeley Other2800 N Sheridan Rd Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Clifton Clarke MD500 E 51st St Chicago IL 60615
- Dr. Elliott S Cohen MD675 W North Ave Melrose Park IL 60160
- Dr. Evan George Mcleod MD2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL 60805