Dr. Jason Poston practices Pulmonology in Chicago, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Poston manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 2002
U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med 2002
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Hemoglobin-unchained and causing harm in sepsis?
- Rapidly reversible, sedation-related delirium versus persistent delirium in the intensive care unit.
- ATS Core Curriculum 2014: Part II. Adult critical care medicine.
- Patient safety room of horrors: a novel method to assess medical students and entering residents' ability to identify hazards of hospitalisation.
- Introduction to the ATS Core Curriculum Series, 2017.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jason Thomas Poston M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Jason Thomas Poston M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Bronchitis Contagious?
Is bronchitis contagious? In most cases, only acute bronchitis is contagious. Learn more about when bronchitis is contagious, and how to prevent it from spreading.What is bronchitis?Tubes made of glandular goblet cells that direct air into your lungs, also known as bronchi, are located below the...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- Cystic Fibrosis: FDA Extends Use of Relizorb to Children
The ability to gain and maintain a healthy weight for patients who suffer from cystic fibrosis can be a challenge. Many children with the condition suffer from failure to thrive. The disorder has the tendency to cause a blockage in digestion that prevents necessary fats from being absorbed. Proper...
- ‘Screaming for Help' Over Orkambi Drug for Cystic Fibrosis
When a person has a debilitating disease, dealing with that reality is enough to bear.But, when there is a drug out there to limit the debilitation of that disease, and governmental decision-makers don’t provide patients with it, the fight about injustice becomes overbearing.The denial for your...
- COPD: Taking Steroids and Antibiotics
How can steroids improve my symptoms?Steroids make your breathing easier if you have COPD. Physiologically, steroids try to reduce the swelling of the airways. Mucus production is also decreased with the use of steroids according to some studies. The dosage and length of course of steroid...
- Benzonatate Uses and Side Effects
Generic Name: Benzonatate...
- Dr. Ikemefula Ekekwe MD2900 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Manu Jain MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Daniel William Ray MD2650 Ridge Ave Evanston IL 60201
- Dr. Gerald Luger MD675 W North Ave Melrose Park IL 60160
- Dr. Thomas Corbridge MD675 N Saint Clair St Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul M.D.10837 S Cicero Ave Oak Lawn IL 60453