Dr. John Fry is an ophthalmologist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Fry specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Fry can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Fry can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1959
Dr. John Rudolph Fry MD's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28803Get Direction
Dr. John Rudolph Fry MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Dr. Robert Paul Laborde M.D.630 5th Ave W Hendersonville NC 28739
- Dr. Robert Earl Wiggins M.D.8 Medical Park Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Clayton Hollingsworth Bryan M.D1701 Old Village Rd Hendersonville NC 28791
- Dr. Winston C Payne M.D.900 Centrepark Drive Asheville NC 28805
- Dr. Pooja Sethi Patel MD6th Ave And Spruce Street Reading PA 19611
- Dr. Thomas Mock Brosnan MD900 Centrepark Drive Asheville NC 28805