Dr. Floyd Porter is a gastroenterologist practicing in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Porter specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Porter performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Floyd Raymond Porter MD's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37909Get Direction
Dr. Floyd Raymond Porter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- What Causes Gallstones?
OverviewMany people with gallstones are not aware of their condition. Gallstones are hard substances that are formed in the gallbladder. They are mainly composed of cholesterol, bilirubin, and bile salts. The stones are of different sizes ranging from a sand particle to a golf ball.Symptoms of...
- Crohn's Disease: Words that Hurt
Living with a chronic illness like Crohn’s disease can be difficult and embarrassing in the best of scenarios. The disease has little to no visible effect on physical appearance, but the demands on a person’s day-to-day activities and lifestyle are extremely burdensome.Without a foundational...
- The History of Celiac Disease
What is celiac disease?A gluten-free diet is a must for people with celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder that can get triggered by gluten. Gluten is a protein that is usually found in foods such as wheat, rye, and barley. When people with celiac disease ingest this protein, damage to the...
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant Is Safe and Effective for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
People with ulcerative colitis understand the pain of going to the restroom. There are many people who do not understand the pain associated with this condition.But what if there was an opportunity for the intestinal tract to heal?We are talking about fecal microbiota transplants, and they may bring...
- Can I Drive Home After My Colonoscopy?
Many people have been wondering whether it’s possible to drive home after a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is used by a doctor or relevant specialist to test the colon for any complications. The colon is the last organ in the abdomen that comes immediately after the small intestine. It’s also...
- Dr. Steedman A. Sarbah M.D.9330 PARK WEST BLVD STE 508 KNOXVILLE TN 37923
- Dr. Edward Francis Brown MD1706 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy Maryville TN 37804
- Dr. Carlos A Rollhauser MD1928 Alcoa Highway Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Sangeeta Gulati MD1928 Alcoa Highway Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Ramanujan Samavedy M.D.1928 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Paul Sanford Pickholtz MD327 Medical Park Dr Bridgeport WV 26330