Dr. Michael J Schwab M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1844 San Miguel Dr Suite 110 Walnut Creek CA, 94596
Dr. Michael Schwab is a psychiatrist practicing in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Schwab is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Schwab diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Schwab may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Schwab treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1975
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1975
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Psychiatry
- Abbott-Northwestern Hospital Program
Dr. Michael J Schwab M.D.'s Practice location
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Get Direction
Dr. Michael J Schwab M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwab
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Adderall for ADHD: Does it Work?
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine salt and 25% levoamphetamine salt. It belongs to the drug class of central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Deepak K. Rao MD3100 Oak Road Walnut Creek California 94597
- Brad Gould907 San Ramon Valley Blvd. Dansville California 94526
- Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC3260 Blume Drive Richmond California 94806
- Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD1440 168th Avenue San Leandro California 94573
- Dr. Melissa E. Vallas M.D.2045 Fairmont Drive San Leandro California 94578