Dr. John Shale is a psychiatrist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Shale is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Shale diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Shale may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Shale treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Abortion and unplanned pregnancy.
- The mentally ill physician as practitioner.
- A proposal to refine the definition of military sexual trauma for purposes of treatment and research.
- Casualties Beyond the Battlefield: A Need for Further Assessment of Combat-Related Mental Health Disorders in the US Military.
- The Silo Effect in Research on PTSD.
- U.S. students in foreign medical schools.
Dr. John H Shale M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92109Get Direction
Dr. John H Shale M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shale
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
Anyone with a list of ADHD symptoms can speculate about the possibility of an ADHD disorder, but only a specialist can clearly determine the cause of the symptoms. Nevertheless, it’s always advisable to take note of alarming signals that may point to ADHD and report them to your general...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Dr. Jennifer Nagode M.D., PH.D.3025 Chicago St San Diego CA 92117
- Dr. Laura Jean Seed M.D.1761 Hotel Cir S San Diego California 92108
- Dr. Hy (Henry) V. Phan M.D.10717 Camino Ruiz San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Kimberly Charlton M.D.91-2301 Fort Weaver Rd Ewa Beach HI 96706
- Dr. David Gersten MD187 Calle Magdalena Encinitas Ca 92024
- Dr. Myeong Hi Choi M.D.,PSYCHIATRY621Knight Way La Canada Flintridge California 91011