Dr. Stephen Nelson is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Nelson specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Nelson treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Nelson can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Dr. Stephen C Nelson MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55404Get Direction
Dr. Stephen C Nelson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Blood Pressure, and How Is Blood Pressure Lowered?
Modern day lifestyle does come with the risk of certain disease that is a result of everyday stress, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and so on. While we are all aware of these diseases, we fail to take timely steps to prevent them from happening to us, and, by the time these strike, it is...
- Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia
Hospital-acquired pneumonia occurs in patients who have been hospitalized, usually after two to three days of hospital admission. Pneumonia contracted in such a setting is often more severe than a community-acquired pneumonia because the organisms causing it are more aggressive. This means that the...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Dr. Joseph P Neglia M.D., M.P.H.2450 Riverside Ave Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Susan Lynn Kearney MD2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Bruce C Bostrom MD2525 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Bruce Robert Blazar M.D.516 Delaware Street Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Julie Chu MD347 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul MN 55102
- Dr. Christopher L Moertel MD2450 Riverside Ave. Minneapolis MN 55454