Dr. Martin Finkelstein is an internist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Finkelstein specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Finkelstein provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1964
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Bellevue Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine; Bellevue Hosp Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Martin S Finkelstein M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Martin S Finkelstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Finkelstein
- Atarax for Nausea
Atarax Atarax is a prescription medication that belongs to the class of antihistamines. This drug blocks histamine, which is a chemical produced during an allergic reaction. The activity taking place in the central nervous system is also reduced when this drug is taken. Atarax is also used as a...
- What Is Colchicine?
Generic Name: ColchicineBrand Name: ColcrysWhat is colchicine?Colchicine is an oral medication, which is available as a generic and brand-name drug. Colchicine is a prescription drug. The generic form of this drug is usually less expensive than the branded ones. In certain cases, the generic ones...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Stressed? Don't Reach for Junk Food - Eat a Purple Potato
A recent study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed that two servings of purple potatoes in a diet, can help to reduce blood pressure and control weight gain. The participants of the study were divided into two groups. In one group, the participants were assigned a diet that...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205