Dr. Sohail Jalal is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Jalal performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
King Edward Medical University 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Mo Kc Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado Program A
Dr. Sohail Jalal MD's Practice location
Houston, TX 77024Get Direction
Dr. Sohail Jalal MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dr. Nadim Nasir M.D.13300 Hargrave Rd Houston TX 77070
- Dr. Akash Makkar M.D.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Tapan Girish Rami M.D.13300 Hargrave Rd Houston TX 77070
- Dr. Nada Bashir Memon MD6431 Fannin Street, Msb 1. 246 Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Hue-teh Shih M.D.6400 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Baxter D Montgomery M.D.10480 Main St Houston TX 77025