Dr. Jerry Krishnan practices Pulmonology in Chicago, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Krishnan manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Jerry Krishnan M.D., PHD.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Jerry Krishnan M.D., PHD.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- The Best Ways to Fight CF
Children are so integral to our lives. As adults, we often want to do everything possible to protect them. Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that is diagnosed during childhood, making it feel overwhelming to parents who are trying to give their child the best quality of life. When getting a new...
- Preventing Exacerbations of COPD
According to a statistic, 65 million people have moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) around the world. More than 3 million people have died because of COPD in 2005, which corresponds to 5 percent of all deaths globally. This puts COPD as one of the major causes of...
- Antibiotics May Not Alleviate the Symptoms of Sinusitis
A recent study has shown that antibiotics like amoxicillin are not very effective in controlling the symptoms of sinusitis, which is the infection of sinuses and the nasal passages. The study was conducted on 166 participants and the results are published in the journal of the American Medical...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- 47-year-old with Cystic Fibrosis Refuses to Let It Stop Her
Sue Britton, a 47-year-old woman has cystic fibrosis. In her 20s, she became tired of being known and labeled as the ‘sick girl’, so she left her home to embark on a 7-month journey around the world. The fact that she had cystic fibrosis and needed medication on a daily basis did not stop her....
- Dr. Ikemefula Ekekwe MD2900 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Sean Forsythe MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Manu Jain MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Juanbosco Ayala M.D.12820 S Ridgeland Ave Palos Heights IL 60463
- Dr. Rade Tomic MD516 Delaware Street Se, Clinic 6a Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Mohamed M Zakkar M.D.8881 N Main St Dayton OH 45415