Dr. Matthew C Leighton D.D.S.
Dentist | General Practice102 Ponemah Rd Amherst NH, 03031
Dr. Matthew Leighton is a Dentist practicing in Amherst, NH. Dr. Leighton specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Matthew C Leighton D.D.S.'s Practice location
Amherst, NH 03031Get Direction
Dr. Matthew C Leighton D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leighton
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Gum Contouring
Gum contouring, also known as gum reshaping or tissue sculpting, is a dental procedure done to correct an uneven gum line in people who have teeth resting either too high or low on the gums.The cause of the gums being too high or too low is mainly genetics. It may also be due to certain medical...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Mr. Gregory M. Wu DMD133 Littleton Road Westford Massachusetts 01886
- Dr. Mukunda Dogiparthi DMD319 Lynnway Lynn MA 01901
- Mr. Steven A. Johnson D.D.S.16 Gerrard Avenue East Longmeadow MA 01028
- Dr. Arthur O Lyford DMD9 Ash St Hollis NH 03049
- Dr. Audrey Ann Herod DMD382 Daniel Webster Hwy Merrimack NH 03054
- Dr. Randall Gene Viola DDS1 Trafalgar Sq Nashua NH 03063