Dr. Jayantilal Patel is a general surgeon practicing in Astoria, NY. Dr. Patel specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Patel provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Calcutta / Medical College 1967
BYRAMJEE JEEJEEBHOY MEDICAL COLLEGE (BJ MED COLL) 1967
- CEME/Mt Sinai Med Ctr Program
Dr. Jayantilal Patel MD's Practice location
Astoria, NY 11102Get Direction
Dr. Jayantilal Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- What Is a Partial Hysterectomy?
In a Complete Hysterectomy, both the Uterus and Cervix are removed to afford symptomatic relief to the patient. When the Cervix remains in the pelvic region after surgery, it then becomes a Partial or Supracervical hysterectomy. The kind of surgery that one opts for is wholly dependent on the health...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Dr. Charles C. Guidry Jr D.O.150 55th Street Brooklyn NY 11220
- Dr. Richard Yackshaw Greco D.O.1100 Route 72 West Manahawkin NJ 08050
- Dr. Matthew E Spotnitz M.D.111 E 210th St Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. David Shokrian MD9 Sinclair Dr Great Neck NY 11024
- Dr. Sharon R. Zisman M.D.65 East 95 Street New York NY 10128
- Dr. Franklyn Vazquez MD716 Broad St Clifton New Jersey 07013