Dr. Salvatore Michael Caruana MD
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)180 Fort Washington Ave 7th Floor New York NY, 10032
Dr. Salvatore Caruana is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Caruana specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Mt Sinai Sch of Med of The City Univ of Ny, New York Ny 1989
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 1989
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Oncogenic PIK3CA mutation and dysregulation in human salivary duct carcinoma.
- Nasopharyngeal papillomas treated with CO laser and human papillomavirus vaccination.
- p53 alteration and human papilloma virus infection in paranasal sinus cancer.
- Olfactory neuroblastoma is not related to the Ewing family of tumors: absence of EWS/FLI1 gene fusion and MIC2 expression.
- Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses.
- Throat Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- St Vincent's East Program
Dr. Salvatore Michael Caruana MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10032Get Direction
Dr. Salvatore Michael Caruana MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Caruana
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?Sinusitis is a medical condition that can be accompanied by a wide range of symptoms. The symptoms vary between individuals and also between adults and children. Yes, sinusitis can cause vomiting, but it occurs only in specific or rare cases, usually when the condition...
- Ear Infection: What Is Otitis Interna?
Before learning about otitis interna, let us review the basic anatomy of the internal ear to understand the topic easily.What causes ear infections?The occurrence of ear infections happens due to viral or bacterial infections that affect the middle ear. It is mostly the sections of the ear behind...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Is Acute Sinusitis?
The inflammation of the sinuses and nasal membranes is what is referred to as sinusitis. The sinuses are the openings located in the facial bones that are linked to nasal openings. Mucous membranes that surround the sinuses are the same as those found in the interior of the nose. You probably have...
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis—also known as rhinosinusitis—is defined as an inflammation of the sinuses that results in a number of painful, irritating symptoms. If the sinusitis lasts for less than four weeks, it is diagnosed as acute sinusitis. If it lasts longer, it is defined as chronic sinusitis.A number of...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Dr. Stephen P. Warman M.D.10721 QUEENS BLVD FOREST HILLS NY 11375
- Charles P. Kimmelman993 Park Ave Suite 1C New York New York 10028
- Takashi Wakamori810 Abbott Boulevard Fort Lee New Jersey 7024
- Dr. Steven Hemmerdinger M.D.1055 SAW MILL RIVER RD ARDSLEY NY 10502
- Dr. Milton Waner MD210 East 64th Street New York City NY 10065
- Dr. Haidy Marzouk M.D.450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn NY 11203