Dr. Jonathan Heavey practices Emergency Medicine in Washington, DC. Dr. Heavey assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Heavey examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
VANDERBILT UNIV SCH OF MED 2003
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Dr. Jonathan David Heavey M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20307Get Direction
Dr. Jonathan David Heavey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Moustafa Shamma3799 Mary Alice Place Falls Church Virginia 22041
- Dr. Mark P. Davis M.D.5501 Backlick Road Springfield Virginia 22151
- Dr. Jameel T. Abualenain MD2150 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington District of Columbia 20037
- Kamalinee Deshpande6001 Lux Lane Rockville Maryland 20852
- Hamid Shokoohi2150 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest Washington DC 20037
- Dr. James A Vafier MD4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria VA 22304