Dr. Javier A Placer M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Spinal Cord Injury Medicine1131 S Orange Ave Orlando FL, 32806
Dr. Javier Placer is a physiatrist practicing in Orlando, FL. Dr. Placer is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Placer focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Placer can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Spine Problems, Pain Management
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - University Hospital, San Juan, PR
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF ADULT
- Spine Care and Pain Management - University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Experience & Accolades
- MemberSouth Lake Hospital, Clermont, FL
- Member Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center, Davenport, FL
Dr. Javier A Placer M.D.'s Practice location
Orlando, FL 32806Get Direction
Dr. Javier A Placer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Placer
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Worst Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Having rheumatoid arthritis means sticking to certain lifestyle practices. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to large-scale inflammation in the body, which typically affects the joints. The condition causes immobility and severe pain as the inflamed joints makes it painful to move. Rheumatoid...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- Dr. Matthew Raymond Willey M.D.766 North Sun Drive Lake Mary FL 32746
- Dr. Michael Joseph Creamer DO100 West Gore Steet Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Ewa B Brandys MD1919 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85016
- Dr. Nnamdi C. Nwaogwugwu M.D.882 S Kirkman Rd Orlando FL 32811
- Dr. Nicholas G. Bagnoli D.O.1220 Sligh Blvd Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Marc R Gerber MD1507 S Hiawassee Rd Orlando FL 32835