Dr. Shankar C Sanwalani M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1 Ingalls Dr Cancer Care Center Harvey IL, 60426
Dr. Shankar Sanwalani practices Radiation Oncology in Harvey, IL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Sanwalani specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Seth G S Med College University Of Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra India 1966
Grant Government Medical College 1966
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Therapeutic Radiology; Sinai Hosp Of Baltimore, Radiology; St Clares Hosp Hlth Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- ST CLARES HOSPITAL AND HEALTHCARE CENTER
Dr. Shankar C Sanwalani M.D.'s Practice location
Harvey, IL 60426Get Direction
Dr. Shankar C Sanwalani M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sanwalani
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Dr. Dennis L. Galinsky MD2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657
- Dr. Matthew Koshy MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Steven Chmura MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Ralph R Weichselbaum M.D.5758 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Matthew Mark Harkenrider M.D.2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Azhar M Awan MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527