Dr. Michael Criswell is an optometrist practicing in Mount Pleasant, SC. Dr. Criswell specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Criswell performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Michael David Criswell O.D.'s Practice location
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464Get Direction
Dr. Michael David Criswell O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Treatments for Cataracts
A cataract is blurring of the lens of the eye. The lens is oval-shaped and mostly consists of water and protein. It is located at the back of the iris and pupil. The lens protein molecules are organized in a way that makes it clear so that light can pass through it to the retina. The focus of the...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Dr. David W Bang OD9880 Dorchester Rd Summerville SC 29485
- Dr. Colvin Hunter Odonnell O.D.19600 W Catawba Ave Cornelius NC 28031
- Leigh Purvis O.D.1470 TOBIAS GADSON BLVD STE 115 CHARLESTON SC 29407
- Dr. Colleen Patricia Hennelly O.D.7631 Rivers Ave Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Derek Scott Maroun O.D.1271 Llewellyn Rd Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Rebecca Shapiro Mccormack O.D.9440 Iron Bridge Rd Chesterfield VA 23832