Dr. Justin A Maykel M.D.
Colon and Rectal Surgeon67 Belmont St Colorectal Surgery Worcester MA, 01605
Dr. Justin Maykel is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Maykel specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Maykel often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Tufts University School of Medicine 1998
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Ischemic colitis.
- Diagnosis and management of symptomatic hemorrhoids.
- Operative anesthesia and pain control.
- A simple risk score for predicting surgical site infections in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Traumatic injury of the colon and rectum: the evidence vs dogma.
- Single-port laparoscopic diverting sigmoid colostomy.
- Racial differences in short-term surgical outcomes following surgery for
- Outcomes following proctectomy.
- Endoscopy and polyps-diagnostic and therapeutic advances in management.
- Colonic decompression and direct intraluminal medical therapy for Clostridium difficile-associated megacolon using a tube placed endoscopically in the proximal colon.
- Anal abscess and fistula.
- Leadership in surgery.
- Routine preoperative restaging CTs after neoadjuvant chemoradiation for locally advanced rectal cancer are low yield: a retrospective case study.
- Laparoscopic Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision (taTME) for Rectal Cancer.
- Surgeon Volume Correlates with Reduced Mortality and Improved Quality in the Surgical Management of Diverticulitis.
- Harvard Medical School. Resident Teaching Award
- Carl E. Christinson Outstanding Scholar Award
- Individual (UMMHC) Champions of Excellence Award
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Polyps
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Member UMass Memorial Medical Group
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellow:Nutrition 2002
- University of Minnesota Medical Ctr, Fellow:Colon and Rectal Surgery 2004
Dr. Justin A Maykel M.D.'s Practice location
Worcester, MA 01605Get Direction
Dr. Justin A Maykel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maykel
Review for Dr. Justin Maykel.
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. William Brian Sweeney MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Mark Y Sun MD55 Lake Ave Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Paul R Sturrock M.D.67 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Jennifer S Davids M.D.67 BELMONT ST WORCESTER MA 01605
- Dr. Pasithorn A Suwanabol M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Karim Alavi MD67 Belmont St Worcester MA 01605